We are inviting 40 forward thinking general practices to be part of a trial of this innovative practice program.
Benefits of involvement:
– Easier identification of patients at risk of chronic disease
– Free access to tools to optimise patient recall and care pathways
– Free training, support and resources from the University of Melbourne
– $2250 practice payment (a thank you for staff time)
– Simplified access to existing patient care guidelines
– Free access to and licensing of Future Health Today and GRHANITE® software
– Access to training and a quality improvement platform associated with 40 RACGP points
– PNs and PMs have access to certificates towards CPD requirements with APNA and APMA
– GP, PM and PN participants receive gift vouchers for participation in feedback interviews or focus groups
Your practice can be involved if it:
– is attended each day you are open by at least 35 adults aged 18 years or over
– has more than 2500 active adult patients recorded on your electronic medical record
– employs a practice nurse
– uses Best Practice, ZedMed or Medical Director (not MD Helix)
– is a University of Melbourne Data for Decisions partner (i.e. you contribute deidentified patient data to the Patron primary care data repository for research) or is willing to be a Data for Decisions partner.
Participation includes introduction to, use and evaluation of the Future Health Today software. Participating practice staff will be trained and supported and asked to complete two short surveys and participate in a group discussion session. Practices will be asked to nominate a practice ‘Future Health Today champion’ who will be in more regular contact with the research team. Staff will individually receive gift vouchers to thank them for their time.
Expressions of interest
Please contact VicREN
Telephone: +61 3 8344 5386
University of Melbourne Ethics Approval ID 2056564